Tuesday, October 30, 2007

#21 Podcasts

I didn't find these tools very useful to locate podcasts on subjects. Searching for book reviews brought up a long list of mostly unrelated links. I tried gardening and got a similiar result.I suspect that if you were aware of a particular podcast and wanted to locate the link these might be the way to go. Podcastalley at least had a summary of what to expect in each podcast.

While playing around with the links to new podcasts I found one that was from the American Chemical Society where they had short segments on science topics. It was aimed at the middle school audience. It was easy to link that to my bloglines account. Interesting that somebody in that group is thinking about reaching an audience where they are playing. I might check to see if ACS is also using YouTube to catch kids with science video. The library could Podcast segments promoting teen programming.

No comments: