Thursday, October 18, 2007

#16 Wikis

Just had an interesting conversation with a mother about Wikipedia. She was amazed that anybody could edit/add to an article. Her middle school showed her easy it was to change something. After that she understood why her daughter's school would not accept Wikipedia as a source.

I am still surprised that people will believe that stuff on the web must be correct.
I just read the ten facts about Wikipedia on their website. Now I even more skeptical about it.

The Princeton Public used a wiki to allow customers to create their own summer reading recommendations. I could see us doing that for the middle school SRC. It would take somebody from the system overseeing what was being said.

I am curious about how you go about setting up a wiki, didn't find that info in any of the articles. Time for a google search.

No comments: