Monday, October 22, 2007

#19 Web 2.0

I certainly could spend the rest of the day playing Guess the Google. Got the first one right but it is work time and I need to look at something more pertinent to the workplace.

I checked out the nominees in the health category. Two of them were health related search engines. I preferred the features in Healia that allowed the search to be very specific. Your results could be very targeted. I was shocked to find that the site was using a definition for a medical condition from Wikipedia. This site was created and maintained by a branch of the NIH.

The other Health site Medstory has less means of targeting the search. It has some confusing colored lines that looked like bar graphs.

I would bookmark Healia at the I Desk and use it for customers looking for information about specific medical conditions.

No comments: