Saturday, September 22, 2007

Number 9 explore Merlin etc.

I certainly found the search easiest on Blogline. I searched the same 4 things with each of the tools. I had the most success with Blogline. It could be that what I was looking for was really mainstream stuff. My impression is that Technorati would take hours to find any a feed that is really specific. The tutorial was weird especially since I got it started in Dutch. I haven't got the patience to wade through all the blogs. Syndic8 was very cluttered looking and confusing , I prefer using something with a fairly clear page. My second choice would be Feedster it is handy to be able to limit your search to a category.

There was a specific blog I was looking for and Blogline found it. I had read about it in the paper last month while I was at my daughter's in Oregon but had forgotten the name and how to spell the creator's name. A bit of playing around with the search and there it was.

These are useful to tools that help you customize how you interact with the Internet. You can pick out the bits that you want to keep in touch with and ignore the rest.

No comments: